Thursday, May 27, 2010

Black Bottom Raspberry Almond Mousse


Raspberries take me back to a much simpler day. My summers were spent “pickin’ berries” with my cousins in the Bear Lake Valley, in hopes of earning money for new school clothes. The days were long and the nights were filled with laughter. I can’t recall how much money was earned, but I can summon the memories I have each time I have a look at these little lovable fruits.

I have been busy the past couple of weeks, conjuring up delicious recipes to submit to the Real Women of Philadelphia Cream Cheese Challenge. This was one of my last entries to the dessert round. It’s a delectable little number that will have your taste buds doing a little happy dance of their own.



Prep time: 15 minutes | Servings: 8
Ingredients
•8 ounce(s) of Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
•1/2 cup(s) of granulated sugar
•1 tsp. of almond extract
•1 cup(s) of raspberry pie filling
•1/2 cup(s) of mini chocolate chips
•8 ounce(s) of whipped topping, thawed
•2 cup(s) of chocolate filled cookies, crushed
•1 pint(s) of fresh raspberries for garnish
Steps
1.In a mixing bowl, cream together the sugar and cream cheese. Add the almond extract, raspberry pie filling, and chocolate chips. Fold in the whipped topping.
2.Take a gallon zipper bag, cut off the bottom corner, and fill with mousse.
3.To assemble, place 2 heaping tbls. of the cookie mixture in the bottom of serving cup. Pipe the mousse in a circular motion until you reach the top of the cup. Garnish with additional cookies, chocolate chips, and fresh raspberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment